Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Bad news?  I'm hungry and lunch is over an hour away.  Good news?  I have delicious leftover chicken noodle soup for lunch!  That was probably one of the best meals me and my crock pot have made thus far. (I know, I know, grammar!!)  Here is the recipe:

8 cups chicken broth (I used bullion cubes to make it)
4 stalks of celery, sliced
1/4 of a large onion, diced
4 medium carrots, sliced
the meat off of a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken, shredded
a shake or two of dried oregano
a few shakes of Italian seasoning

I dumped all of this in the crock pot yesterday morning and let it cook on low for 7 hours.  When we got home, I cooked some noodles and added those in.  Deeeee-licious!!  

Husband was a little annoyed that it was so hot and he had to wait a few minutes to eat it.  He has a small vat of it for lunch today too.  I forgot (again!!!!!!!!) to take a picture of it while it was still in either the crock pot or a nice looking dish, but here it is in a Tupperware bowl.  

Better than Chunky!


For today's dinner, I did the following:

one 3 pound bottom round roast
1 can beef broth
1 can cream of mushroon soup
1/2 packet of ranch seasoning mix
1/2 packet of au jus mix
1/2 pound of sliced mushrooms (they shrink when crocked, so I use a lot)

Again, I dumped all of this into the crock pot, set it on low and left for work.  Seven hours later, I should have a delicious dinner waiting for me.  I think I will just serve with bread or pasta tonight.  
Ugh!  Hungry still!!!


This is pre-cooking!

I guess I could have done a 31 days of crock pottery!  Ha!!  Well, I am only on day 2 of this journey and if my past cooking history is any indication, I won't be cooking for 31 days in a row.  I did, however, Pin and save a bunch of yummy looking crock pot recipes.  All of them look amazing.  I tried to stay away from ones that seemed like a bad idea.  Fish, pasta, most eggy things don't seem to fare well in the crock pot, although there are some that say you can crock almost anything.  I have my doubts.  I even found a site where someone did a pedicure in their crock pot.  That to me, is going too far.  Feet in a crock pot???  Gross.

I will post pictures of the latest creation later!

Horrible picture, but soooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment