Thursday, October 4, 2012

31 Days of...

Okay, so I'm not usually one to jump on someone else's bandwagon, but I saw this post called 31 Days to a Better You and another titled 31 Days to a Cleaner House and felt compelled to do a 31 Days to something series.

31 Days to a Better Me?  No, that's been overdone and besides, I kind of think that I'm okay right now.  Not perfect.  I've gained a few pounds over the last couple of weeks, but nothing drastic.  Still within a couple of pounds of my goal weight.

31 Days to a Cleaner House?  Who are they trying to kid here??  That will probably never happen in the small house I live in with three not-so-tidy people.   I included myself in that count, by the way.  I should clarify.  My house is not dirty, just not tidy.  Okay, the small balls of dog hair cruising up and down the hallway could make an argument for uncleanliness, but for the most part, the house is clean.

So, what could I write about for 31 days?  Food, yes.  Crafty stuff?  Maybe, if I wasn't working everyday.  Work?  Hell no!  Fashion?  Perhaps, although today I feel frumpy.  Running?  That sounds much more productive than some of the other choices.  Running it is then!

Day 1:  I am not currently running, but should be resuming running shortly.  Great start, eh?  I made a pact with myself that I would run on the first day that the temperature did not exceed 90 degrees.  I'm afraid I'm going to have to make myself into a liar, as tomorrow is the first predicted day under 90 degrees.  So, why can't I run?  Well, I have to go to work, do crosswalk duty (always fun), teach, take team volleyball pictures at lunch, participate in a rally after lunch, coach my little vballers, and then get the Husband ready for a weekend of goose hunting.  Monday seems like a great day to start running again, although I might surprise myself.  We'll see.  Oh, that puts me at Day 5 of this 31 Days thing.  Oh well.  Good intentions, right?  I do need to start getting myself out there again soon though.  I am going to try to do the Susan Komen 5K race on October 20th with the Fish.

Speaking of the Fish, we took this picture the other day while waiting for her to see the doctor.  I feel this way right now.  Boo!

Seriously, is it Friday yet???





No comments:

Post a Comment