Saturday, September 29, 2012

It's the Weekend...

Saturday.  That means yard sales!  Not having one, but going to as many as I can find and looking for treasures or things I want/need but don't like to pay full price for.  I went out with my friend Donna this morning.  After making the ritual Starbuck's stop (the new salted caramel Mocha is do die for!), we headed out to start looking.  Our first stop was a good one.  Found some clothes that were super clean and nice!  The next few stops produced some nice picture frames that will go in the extra room (I have a plan!).  After the frames, I didn't find much other than a faux Gucci purse that looks very real.  $14 later, I had several frames, a few cute clothes, and a travel bowl for the dogs.  I've already painted a couple of the frames and have the others ready for painting.  Not sure what color for those yet.  I got more paint for the cute table I started last week, but forgot to get more painter's tape.  Boo.

I had a lot of plans for this weekend, but I have a feeling that some of those plans are going to get moved to another day.  I got some yard trash in the dumpster, did some cleaning of the chicken condos, did some watering, and so far, that's about it.  I'm thinking that a nap might be in order.

Here are a couple of things that I'm going to try to work on tomorrow...provided nothing else comes up (like a another nap).  I found a couple of things on Pinterest, that I must try.  There's a pin for cleaning a microfiber couch and one for getting your porcelain sink back to white. I put the links below just in case:

Microfiber couch cleaning
Porcelain sink cleaning

Both of those items in my house NEED a good cleaning!  The temperature is going to be pretty ridiculous again tomorrow (102 by Monday), so it might be a good day to turn on the AC and clean.  Or it might be a good day to hang out on the couch and watch football.  I do need to work on a baby beanie for a friend and some new headbands for the headband business.

So much to do, but so little time.  I miss summer!!!!  Okay, off to try to get something done.  Or nap.  I'll let you know how that turned out later.


No comments:

Post a Comment