Friday, March 8, 2013

Humongous! And Why is the Weekend Taking So Long to Get Here??!!


And what is "humongous" you ask??  You would know if you had read my blog a couple of days ago.  Of course, it is the fish I am going to catch with my new reel and rod Husband bought me this week!  It is so pretty!  I tried to take a photo, but unfortunately the lighting in the house wasn't conducive to capturing the super cool colors.  I will make sure to take a picture out on the Delta tomorrow.  Hopefully with a hog of a fish attached!  I'm pretty sure the fat momma fish out there will be attracted to it and will wait in line for a chance to be caught.  Too dramatic and unrealistic?  Probably, but I'm hoping.

We are getting up really early tomorrow (sounds like a good idea right now...bet at 4:30 AM, it will seem dumb) and driving up to the Delta.  We're gonna fish for a little while tomorrow and then head to someplace called Orinda to watch Husband play rugby.  The boy is going to meet us there, so I'm pretty excited about that.  He is too, since momma bought him a bunch of Girl Scout cookies.  Yum!!!!  After that, we head to Santa Rosa to go see the new baby! Then Sunday, we might go an d fish a little, and then home, by way of Bass Pro...duh.  

I really should stay home and work on our yard, which has been completely overrun with weeds.  But really, given the choice of fishing or pulling weeds, the weeds are going to have to wait.  I did find a bright spot in my yard though.  

This little guy makes me smile!  

An update on the thrifty things I bought the other day.  I washed all the items and was able to get the stain out of the navy and white striped shirt!  Boom!  The cute gray ruffle tank is going to take a little more effort, I'm afraid.  I thought the stains might be deodorant stains, but they look more like some sort of greasy schmutz.  Currently, the tank is sitting on top of my washer with my magical stain potion working.  

I mentioned the other day that I had gotten Husband to go to a thrift shop.  He even went with $20 in his pocket.  Ha!!  So, he found me a great fishing jacket and I bought some clogs. Bonus?  50% off at the register!  BOOM!! I like my new shoes.   I got to wear them yesterday and they are stupid comfy!  I know because I wore them all day...even to volleyball practice because this girl forgot her tennis shoes!  Ha ha!!  

So fashionable!
Hoping that my next post will include pictures of the humongous fish.  I will also update you on the latest in Chick-world.  Happy Friday!!



No comments:

Post a Comment