Monday, April 29, 2013

The Weekend Project


Husband took the little Fish fishing on Saturday.  I decided that was a prime time for my next project.  My list is getting really long and I don't get too many opportunities (or motivation...ha ha!).  I decided it was time to tackle the miniature bathroom that Fish and I share every morning.  I had bought paint a couple of weeks ago and wasn't completely sure that I had made the right choice on color.  My house is a rental, so the interior is fabulous flat yucky white/cream.  Every room is the same color.  Of course, last year, we painted Fish's Tiffany Blue dream room and over winter I painted the bedroom a camo beige.  Couple of weeks ago, I tackled the main bathroom, which got awesome compliments this weekend.  Yay!!  So, mini bath it was.

Here are the before and afters:


Awful picture...blurry, but the color is blah!


Love, love, love the new color!

The next set shows what I took out.  Yeah, I'm not a fan of towel bars.  Especially ones that you it your elbow on every morning when you are getting ready for work.  The handicapped bar had to go to.  That just got in the way of all sorts of things.  


Towel bar, handicapped bar...the bathroom is tiny.  I don't need any more obstacles!

No more bars!!  Over the door hook on the shower for drying off.
Easily grabbed from within the shower.
Genius!!

Still need to put up some hooks for the appliances, but so much cleaner!

I didn't take a picture, but I spray painted the base of the light fixture (while it was still attached to the ceiling) to cover the rust.  I also went with brown and cream accents to go with the wall color.  Here's a picture of the wall in progress.  You can see the difference in the color.  

This was still in the "I don't know about this color stage".

Best picture right here:

My color inspiration!  Really!

The Fish really loves the color, but of course, this is in her color palette.  Close to Tiffany blue you know.  I also love it.  I got ready in there this morning and it felt fresh and clean.  Sort of energizing.  Dumb?  Maybe, but I like it!  

On a fitness note, Husband and I got up at 5 A.M. (REALLY!!!!) and ran a mile.  Only a mile?  Yes.  I'm pretty sure I might have died if it had been more.  Maybe not.  Something to be said for running in the cool, dark, early morning hours.  No cars, no pollution, no hot sun.  Just a couple of dogs that barked, wondering what was going on outside their homes.  We liked it so much, we are going to do it again tomorrow!  Okay, so part of us is doing it because we are feeling fat.  I literally ate 3 bags of chips all by myself this weekend.  It was a major chip fest!  BBQ both days this weekend with friends!  Life is good!







No comments:

Post a Comment