Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Running Success and a Crockin' Dinner!

Yay me!!  Two big wins for the title today!

Yesterday, after school and wrestling practice (I do not wrestle or coach it-I merely supervise those that can), I went for a two mile run.  I decided that since the weather is still desperately trying to hang on to the summer, I might as well run outside.  It doesn't get completely dark until after 5 p.m., so I headed over to Husband's school to get some jogging in.  I figured I'd run a little, walk a little, but peer pressure go the best of me.  Ha ha!  I ran to the corner of the big block, as it's called, and there was a parent/ex-coworker getting out of her car for soccer practice.  Hmmmm....better keep running.  I did.  Then I got to the school I used to work at and there were a multitude of parents waiting for their kids to come out of sports practices.  Better keep running.  I did.  Then one of the teachers was doing his bus duty out front at the other end of the school.  Better keep running.  I did.  Got back to the high school and was about to walk, when I saw a bunch of kids waiting for the bus.  Yep, I kept running.  The only reason I finally stopped (I was almost done anyway), was because I got hit in the back of the leg with a football.  Of course, I stopped and threw it back.  I'm such a stud..ha ha ha!!!

So, the crockin' part.  I made Cilantro Lime Chicken tonight.  The before photo is below:



Here are the directions:
In a large Ziploc bag, combine the juice of 2 limes, 4 to 6 chicken breasts, diced onion, a small can or small frozen bag of corn, 2 to 3 garlic cloves (chopped), and a small bunch of cilantro (chopped).  Place in fridge overnight.  In the morning, dump it all in the crockpot.  Add a can of drained and rinsed black beans.  Crock on low for 4 to 6 hours.  I crocked for 8, since we weren't home all day, but I think that less time would have been better.  Things were good, but the corn was a bit over done.  I served it on tortillas with all the regular soft taco fixin's.  Delicious!!  Stay tuned for Thursday's meal.  BBQ Pork Sliders!

Oh, and by the way, walked 1 1/2 miles after school today.  Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment