Thursday, November 8, 2012

Husband Can Cook!

Well, I already knew this, but Husband is a keeper.  That man can cook!  We got home from work at different times last night and it was Husband's turn to cook.  I know there were a variety of things in the fridge that he could cook, but wasn't sure which he'd choose.  Fish had stayed home from school, feigning illness.  I think she was over the whole drama filled volleyball season and needed to regroup.  Hope she realizes that unless death is imminent, she is going to school every day for the next few months.

Back to dinner.  I washed the car, as mentioned in my last post, cleaned dishes (dishwasher is still kaput), took care of some laundry (that entailed throwing the stuff that was in the dryer onto the bed in the spare room), cleaned the coffee table of, and finally sat down to catch up some dvr'd Say Yes to the Dress (LOVE those shows!).  I had a few headbands to make as well and did that too,  Terribly busy and productive...ha ha.  Husband got home and started making dinner.  He made Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine!  It was delicious.

He cut up 4 chicken breasts and cooked them in some olive oil and garlic powder.  Then he steamed the broccoli florets and cooked the fettuccine noodles.  When everything was cooked, he got one of my giant vintage burnt orange Pyrex bowls (what would I ever do without those!) and dumped it all in.  Quick toss and dinner was served!


The idea has been to take turns cooking and making enough for leftovers.  Either we were all ridiculously hungry last night, or nothing.  I think we were just shy of ravenous.  There was a little left and Husband took it to work today.  

My turn to cook tonight and as usual, I've got the crock pot doing my work.  BBQ Pork Sliders!

1 large pork loin roast-still frozen
1 bottle sweet & tangy bbq sauce
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 small can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped

That's it!  Threw it all in the crock pot, turned it on low and dinner will be served at 5:30 p.m.!!  I believe some Opolo Mountain Zin will be served along with that.  I can hardly wait!  The verdict when I get home.

Dear God, I think I tried to kill my family!  Or at least give them a serious case of heartburn.  Oy!  The chipotle peppers made it like eating fire.  The taste was good, but, oh, the burn.......  We ended up slathering blue cheese dressing and in my case, ranch.  Made it tolerable.  On a positive note, my sinuses are really clear.  I have the Tums ready to go.  I have a feeling we'll be needing them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment