Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Bleah!

Sick.  Yep, I'm sick.  Boo!!!!  Woke up in the middle of the night with a sore throat and I assumed it was because I was snoring.  Yes, I snore.  Then an hour before I got up, I could tell that the entire right side of my head was stuffed up.  Need to go to work, so I bucked up and took some Sudafed, Mucinex DM, and am now actively searching for some ibuprofen.  I might have a fever (it could be my new fisherman sweater-stylish!) and I am ridiculously sore!

Note to self:  When I decide to get in shape, it doesn't have to be all in one day.  I did an abbreviated arm workout yesterday morning (workout to follow) and then went to the fitness room after practice yesterday.  I got on the treadmill, thinking I would walk/jog a mile or so.  I did more "so".  I ended up running two miles and I blame a fellow employee.  I was about to quit at a mile (I was running a 10.5 minute mile), and a lady known for her running abilities came in and got on a neighboring treadmill.  She started out walking, but soon got her machine humming away.  Ugh!  I hate peer pressure!  I upped my speed and ran another mile.  Felt great afterwards, although extremely sweaty and gross.  That's what happens when you get lazy and eat bad things for several weeks.  Oh and drink lots of wine and other deliciousness.  Yeah, for Christmas, I got fat.  (Stolen from Pinterest).  

Today, I feel awful and the 200 ab exercises I did this morning are not helping.  I know that the end results will be fabulous, but in the mean time, I feel bleah!  The ab exercises are really good, but man they make you feel like you've been kicked in the gut!

Here are the arm exercises:

10 pushups
20 dips (omg...I pooped out after 15)
30 bicep curls
40 seconds plank
50 knee tucks
40 seconds plank
30 bicep curls
20 dips (I skipped this)
10 pushups (I did 20 of those instead)

The abs workout is from Pinterest.  I'll see if I can find it and attach it here.  

On a side note, I was wondering what all the hooplah was about the show Downtown Abbey.  I decided to check it out.  I signed up for a free 30 day trial of Netflix, so I can watch them all at lunch time at school.  I watched the first episode today and I think I like it.  Seems a little soap opera-ish, but with some period influence (the opening episode takes place immediately after the Titanic sinks) and an interesting cast of characters so far.  Tomorrow, episode 2.  

That's it for now.  I feel like death and it does not suit me at all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment