Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Healthy Me Update for Last Week!

O to the M to the G! This has been a rough week! I should clarify that it's been a rough weekend!  Husband had a rugby game against his best friends team.  I was at our school district's wrestling championships and ate like a champion all day!  Really!  I had a Non Fat White Mocha from Starbukcs and a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast.  Later I had some pretzel sticks and Nutella and 2 packets of Emergen-C since I felt like I was in a giant fishbowl of germs.  I drank an obscene amount of water all day.  Once the tournament was over, I headed over to the bar where the debauchery of good eating habits began.  I missed the team dinner of (gag) hot dogs and Frito Boats, so I ordered loaded french fries and chicken dippers.  That pretty much cancelled out any healthy eating I might have done that day.  I also consumed a few glasses of "Hooligan Juice".  This stuff is a delicious concoction of various alcohols and grape Gatorade.  It tastes a lot like grape flavored candy.  Dangerous.  I may or may not have (leaning towards may) have had a bit too much.  Oops!

So, Saturday being a caloric disaster, we move on to Sunday, which happened to be Super Bowl Sunday!!  We had been invited to a couple of parties, but decided to stay home and I cooked a tableful of appetizers.  I have to give Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman a huge shout out though!  She was instrumental in my cooking success this weekend!  I had watched an episode of her tv show a while back, where she made hot wings.  Husband is from New York and hot wings (Buffalo wings) are a food staple back there.  Maybe even a food group.  Of course, in New York, one eats wings with blue cheese dressing, NOT ranch.  Ranch dressing is very West Coast.  I looked on her website and found super detailed instructions for making the wings.   I followed aforementioned directions and adjusted the Frank's Hot Sauce to our taste (we prefer to eat wings without having a 4 alarm fire raging in our mouths).  They were deeeee-licious!!  I also made Queso according to Ree, which was also bomb.  Also on the menu?  Pigs in a Blanket, chips & salsa, something we call Heart Attack (cream cheese, chili, shredded cheese baked to bubbly perfection...served with Scoops!), and corn salsa, which made its way to the chicken coop.  Here is a photo of the feast:


Any wonder that I felt Fat on Fat Tuesday????

No comments:

Post a Comment